Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1 day down, 3 more to go.....

Then end is really in sight....and as it draws nearer it seems surreal.  I feel as if this can't be, as if the end days of law school cannot possibly be true.  As if someone is going to jump out of a box and yell, "Just Kidding you Jerk!"  I don't know why.  I think every law student is pretty much in the boat that I am in, at least the ones I have talked to.  Those in class with me today kept saying, "This is the last Monday Class ever....."  We all have this glazed, funny look on our faces.

For some of us the journey has been longer than for others.  I have been at this for seven straight years now.  First four years of undergrad, no break, then law school.  Others took a significant break between......but we are all united in the feeling as if some weird ritualistic passage is almost complete.

As I contemplate the future, I am amazed at what I DON'T know about the practice of law.....and that scares me.  Somehow the responsibility and mantle that I am about to carry seems to weigh more, or at least take on a more serious connotation.  I struggle to see how I can be prepared to meddle in someones life or handle some of the biggest crisis's that people will ever face.

Tomorrow, I will wrap up two classes.............Juvenile Law and Sentencing Reform.  I will miss Professor Appleman more than any other professor I have had.  I enjoy her humor, her intelligence, her approach to life.  She can't be anymore different than I am on a personal level.....but I do appreciate her.

Tomorrow I say goodbye to Tuesday classes.  My safety net is almost gone........it's time to put my big girl panties on!

No comments:

Post a Comment