Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thank You Notes

When I first heard about sending thank you notes after an interview I could not believe that you were supposed to do this.  But apparently, you are.  Actually it is another opportunity to put you and your skills in front of the interviewer so that they can be reminded of what an awesome applicant that you are.

Just don't do what I just did --- double, triple and quadruple check!  I misspelled the name of an interviewer on my note.... UGH.  If you do that, graciously apologize, showing that you caught the slip and corrected it and were sorry for it.

Handwritten notes are the preferred method, but if time is of the essence, an email is acceptable as well.  The notes should be sent within 24 hours of the interview.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you alllll the best of luck with this job! Said a little prayer too (can't hurt, lol)!

    On another note, I had to come and tell someone who completely understands just how totally overwhelmed I'm feeling already, lol! This is week 5 and there's just sooooo much to do every moment. I'm doing all I can to keep up and so far i've been doing that. But I'm commuting an hour and 15 minutes south to school everyday - between that and just the rigor of coursework, I feel like I get ZERO time with my son . . . I miss him so much (I am actually going to move to the area where my school is between semesters, long story why that didn't happen already).

    Other than that, law school is and is NOT exactly what I thought it would be, but i'm enjoying every minute :) Again, I apologize for being totally off topic but this was the only way I can correspond with you and I needed to tell someone who could feel my pain!!!

    Ok, I think I'm done . . . :)

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly okay Lauren!!!!! I do get it and remember really well how overwhelming the first semester is. What I suggest, is go to your law library and check out the Sum and Substance CD's for your core classes. I loaded them on my ipod's and made copies (I know, copyright issues:) But you have 1 hour and 15 minutes this semester that can be used to study and maybe even free up a bit of time for your son!

    Moving is a great, great idea. I know people commuted here, but I don't think any of them had kids. That changes the dynamics.

    Anytime you need an ear --- feel free. Off topic is fine!

    ReplyDelete