Monday, November 15, 2010

Taking a Road Trip!

This coming Thanksgiving, I am taking a road trip.  First one in years, and the first one with my daughter since she was a child.  I am so excited.  This post really has nothing to do with law school, more single parenting I guess.  What I am excited about is that I am visiting my sister, niece, and nephew.  They live on a base in Colorado.  I want to see what base life is like... and I want to talk to a MP on base!  LOL.  I know there is a whole federal law issue and the MP's control.  I am really interested in how the military structures it's laws.

More than that, I am fascinated by the fact that it is federal land and so therefore, no state tax on the base.  My mom has tried to explain what it is like.  There are commissary's like giant, sterile, WalMarts with everything you can imagine, gas stations, restaurants -- this absolutely fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment