Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lawyering at home....

I often wonder how much of my law school experience comes home with me. No kidding, the other night I grounded my daughter. She was grounded from playing outside for three nights. On the third night she began to beg, "Mom, please let me just go outside!" No, I say. "I'll pay you to go outside." No, I say, you can't pay your way out of jail. "Yes mom, you can. It's called a bail bond." I tried not to laugh, I really did. I had to explain that her sentence had already been imposed upon her and she could not buy her way out. That this too was against the law, even mommy law. She argued. I had to tell her she was going to get sentenced again. She said, "Why?" I said for trying to bribe a mommy official. She shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment