Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First Day of the Bar Out of the Way

Finished my first day of the bar exam.  I am mentally and physically exhausted.  I can't adequately describe the the feeling.  I wish that I could.  You study so hard for this and cannot predict what will be on the exam.  Our essays consisted of Contracts, UCC Article 2, Evidence, Trusts, Wills, Corporations, Ethics, Civ Pro, and Torts.  The worst part is all that time I wasted on Admin Law, Secured Transactions, Federal Tax, Oregon Evidence, Agency, and Partnership.

You realize that things, like the stupid questions, are idiotic and contrived.  They aren't really testing your ability to practice law, and hold some standard, but testing how well you read, and how well you memorize..... You also come back to your hotel room, or house and you are frustrated, tired, out of sorts and no one you know understands this feeling (except your fellow test takers.)  Well meaning friends and family tell you, "you are going to pass, don't worry."  How do you not worry?  It just eats away at you, day after day.......hour after hour.... until the results come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment