Friday, July 30, 2010

MPT portion of the BAR

I was surprised to find out that all jurisdictions do not require testing the MPT portion for the bar.  Oregon does.  What is the MPT?  Basically, you unseal the book and it contains memos, evidence, and legal authority.  You are to analyze and answer the question that has been posed to you.  In all truthfulness, it was not too difficult.  If you did well in your legal research and writing class, this is an easy issue.

I can't tell you the specifics of the test, because believe it or not, they make you sign a confidentiality issue.  What I can say that our issue had to deal with whether a lawyer had to testify against her client in criminal proceedings.  We were given evidence, a letter from the attorney, some work product, and then "cases" that we read.  In return, we wrote a legal memorandum with what our conclusion was.

Very simple, very straightforward.  And it counts for 12.5% of the Bar.  So, moral of the story:  Pay attention in your LRW classes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa!

    This is totally off topic, lol! I'm getting ready to start classes in a week or two and I really want to put a ton of classical music on my iPod as well . . . can you recommend any songs or artists that were good for you while you studied?

    Sorry, I would have sent this to you in an email if I could have! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete