Thursday, November 12, 2009

Open Letter to Veterans......

Dear Veteran:

Thank you for your service to this country.  Thank you to your families, your husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, maybe even grandchildren---for sharing you with this great country.  Thank you for being the peacekeepers, the peace makers, the guardian, the warrior, and the other titles that you wear, so that I enjoy the freedoms, rights, and privileges you help to safeguard.

I owe you an apology.  I am sorry for taking you for granted.  I am sorry that I don't tell you enough what your service means to me as an American. 

But know, that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  This great country is founded upon certain principles in which you swear to uphold and protect.  And you do so with honor, integrity and valor.

Thank you.  I can never truly express this heart of gratitude I hold for you. 

Yours truly,
Single Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment