Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm FREE! [Well for a couple of weeks, that is]

Finals are over and I survived again. Not sure how I did because this was truly grueling for me. My back going out was the worst possible thing to happen as when I was in pain, I could not study and when I was on pain medication, I could not study. Either way, I was jacked. I have resolved myself that my GPA is high enough that one bad semester, while not optimal, will also not place me in the position of losing my scholarship or being kicked out.

I am really jazzed about next semester's schedule. I made a resolve that I would always take classes that interested in me, but I also said I would take one in an area of law that I would not be likely to practice. This next semester will be Family Law, Oregon Family Law, Legislation, Criminal Procedure I, and Employment Law and Discrimination.

For those that know me, I want to prosecute and then maybe eventually practice family law. I also have a strong background in Legislation and have worked to pass bills in Oregon. I once thought I would run for office, but realize I have no ambition in that are any longer. In addition, Crim Pro is taught by a favorite professor of mine--who rocks! Oregon Family Law is taught by a local top family attorney.

Employment Law and Discrimination is the class I am taking to stretch myself. I have found that I really like the study of discrimination issues. I have no desire to practice employment law, but someday, if I had the opportunity, I might think about discrimination as an area that interests me. Plus, I really liked the Professor who teaches the class.

For now, I am going to try and not think about school and enjoy my time off. It hit me this weekend that I am now 1/2 way through this crazy journey we call law school. I am amazed and astounded that the time has flown by so fast. I started this journey 6 1/2 years ago and yet it seems like yesterday. As each semester creeps by, I realize just how incredibly close I am to practicing law--and fulfilling a dream. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment