Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hitting "The Wall"

This week, I hit the preverbile wall. What is "the wall" one might ask? It is when your body, mind, and spirit cannot handle one more new thought, one more stressor, or one more unexpected happening. Unfortunately, it is not good that the wall came so early in the semester.

10 days ago, I woke up and was just plain tired. My daughter was sick. So, I called into work (since I did not have classes) and we slept---almost 24 hours straight!!!! Saturday was no better, and on Sunday, my daughter was running a fever and sick. Monday, I took her to the doctor and she tested positive for strep. Lucky me. By the way, Sunday I woke up with a sore throat. I missed classes on Tuesday, went to work on Wednesday as the walking wounded, and by Thursday I was in the doctor's office.

Maybe it's the fact that I am starting my sixth consecutive year of schooling, I don't know. But I am tired of class. Here's hoping this last week "off" rejuvenates me. 8 more weeks to go before finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment