Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Approaching the end of my first year.....

I have a total of four more class periods to complete....and then onto finals. This is such a scary, yet exhilerating thought. I have learned more about myself in the last eight months than at any other time in my life. As I reflect back I am amazed at how hard I was stretched (at times painfully so), how I was challanged, and most of all, how proud I am of my response.

This has been a first year of accomplishments. Surpassing my own goals on grades for my first semester, capturing a job in a division that I wanted, placing runner-up in the First Year Appeallate Competition, and earning a spot on Willamette's Moot Court Board. I have worked hard, lost sleep, and dreamed big.

This is an important testimony for single parents around the nation. It is possible to succeed and excel in law school while having a child. My firm belief is that having a child gives you focus and forces the student to prioritize. The student becomes creative and thinks out of the box in problem solving, both in the classroom and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment