Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gut Instinct

Interviewing.. I rock them.  I just do.  This last time, I interviewed for a firm that is my dream firm to work for.  I was going through a recruiter.  One of the benefits of a recruiter is that you hear back almost immediately how the interview went.

Here was the result:  "They loved you.  Said you were great, interviewed well, confident, dynamic, highly intelligent and would make a wonderful attorney.  But they are not asking you back for a second interview.  I tried to press them as to why and they said it was a gut instinct."

A gut instinct?  Everyone that I have asked about this has said that this is a cop out.  I don't know.  My guess is that for some reason I did not seem like a good fit.  Maybe my big personality would not mesh well with others.  So it's back to the drawing board.  I am bummed but not giving up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment