Thursday, November 20, 2008

Two Down, 3 To Go

For those curious about the status of my semester, I have now completed two classes: Professional Responsibility and Evidence. YAY. Now I have one more class period for three classes on Tuesday and then I am finished.

Some reflections from this last semester:
1. The saying the first year they scare you to death, the second year they work you to death; absolutely true. The reading load has been a monster to manage. Throw in raising a child and working a part time job----I am one really tired girl right now. The good thing is that I front loaded my classes, so next semester should be somewhat easier.
2. Three mornings a week that have 8:00 am class starts---suck! Don't ever, ever do it! Truthfully, courts in most jurisdictions don't start until 9:30 a.m. and for good reasons: our brains do not function in logical manners until the caffeine has rolled properly through the system. Especially when you are in a challenging class like Evidence, where the Professor is there bright and early and in your face challenging.
3. 2nd year students final know what we are doing. Exams are old news. We know when we have to read, and when we can slack. We can figure out what we need to know often times be skimming a case. We know how to get our hands on cheap study aids. We know the study habits that work best for us. We know how to prioritize our time. We know how to handle the stress and calm our nerves [ignore the inevitable in other words].
4. And finally, it just hit me that after these finals I am half-way through my law school journey. Whoo-hoo! Seemed like it was going to take forever when I started this journey. In reality, it is flying right on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment